Comparison of offshore android application development and iOS development products and process
Choice of the platform for application development is rather important part and the wrong variant could cause the misunderstandings with the target audience or even the additional spendings. And of course the vital point is the developer’s level. To get the answer about what to choose - iOS or Android there were asked the developers and form the several features to make the comparison.
- Development environment. The Apple Xcode is very comfort for users, high-speed working, flexible and powerful. It becomes better and better - all for developer’s convenience. The information from the offshore android application development specialists shows that Eclipse is slowly, contains of the number of plugins, and it is not searching for the bugs like Xcode.
- Design. The Apple IDE has beautiful and simple interface, but has no icon set, so it is necessary to use third-party services for its drawing. The Android IDE has some harder interface, but it is difficult to develop for large amount of screen shapes. To contrast the Apple has only 3 screen sizes.
- Sharing point. The possibility of sharing the information with the social networks is vital nowadays. The Android applications has Intents that helps to interact between services. Also Android is loyal for the data sharing. The Apple has longer code but the possibilities are realized at the same level.
- Language. The offshore web application development uses as a rule the Java, the iOS developers - Objective-C. Java has simple language and has the special tool to fix the bugs. The Objective-C has longer code but it is more clear and not a long time ago it added with the bug fixing service too.
- Application publication. The algorithm for the Android applications is rather simple and easy. The Eclipse helps to pack the app to the apk format and the period of publication could starts from the hour. There is possible to get detailed analytics and crash-reports. The App Store needs more time for checking and testing. That’s because the Apple pay a lot attention for the security.