What is NodeJS?
Advantages of NodeJS:
- Easy scalability;
- Concise code constructs;
- Asynchronous request processing;
- Native JSON processing;
- Streaming data processing.
Examples of successful applications built with NodeJS include Uber, PayPal, Netflix, eBay/PayPal, LinkedIn, and Walmart. It is better to implement Node when creating apps for immediate connection with many users. Its ecosystem contains many modules and frameworks allowing to solve a wide variety of tasks and problems conveniently, and provides an assortment of high-performance features and functionalities.
In the current IT paradigm, NodeJS is considered to be one of the most powerful and useful tools for programming backends. NodeJS provides a great deal of freedom in building an application, as well as a number of ready solutions.
What are the best NodeJS frameworks in 2019?
There is no such thing as a framework, ideal for everything. It is more about what is better for the goals of the project. Frameworks have varying advantages and disadvantages and differ in functionality, performance, solved problems, and other distinguishing features. Here is the list of top NodeJS frameworks in 2018 for you to choose according to your needs.
What is Node JS Express?
Express is one of the most popular NodeJS-based frameworks. It is often used to develop web server projects and cross-platform mobile apps. Express is known for its minimalism, which may complicate things for some developers.
- Even more concise code than clean Node;
- Routing layer on top of the NodeJS HTTP server;
- Capabilities for sharing resources between requests;
- Basic middleware patterns;
- Template engine;
- High performance;
- Large user community.
If you want to develop a real-time web application, this is the best tool to use because it supports the applications for every type of device including iOS and Android. Ikea is the bright example, which uses Meteor framework.
- Meteor focuses on the creation of new features rather than integration of various components;
- Simplicity and low entrance threshold;
- The abundance of packages;
- Seamless client-server communication;
- Real-time debugging tools;
- Official support for React and Angular.
At the first glance, Koa might seem to be very similar to Express, however, it is not. In fact, the former is the evolution of the latter’s ideas by the same core developers. Although Koa is as minimalistic as Express, it has a better-organized generator feature, which makes this framework more expressive, and much better error-handling mechanics.
- Generator-based control flow;
- Extreme proficiency in the middleware creation;
- Fast development;
- Suitable for large and small projects alike;
- Component-based building blocks.
If you need to develop an app which will be basically focused on messaging, Sails is the best tool to use due to its Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture pattern. With Sails you can use virtually any DBMS you find suitable. Blueprints allow quickly generating parts of the future app based on predefined models. Blueprint routes and actions can be easily overridden, protected or extended.
- MVC architecture;
- Great scalability;
- Quick project start-up;
- Database-agnostic Waterline ORM
- Easy development of RESTful APIs;
- Policies – solutions to many common problems;
- Blueprint API;
- Access to wide variety of modules.
Summary All these frameworks are powerful in their own way: some of them focus on the performance of specific features such as generators, the flexibility of usage, asynchronous request processing, scalability, etc.